Orange, Carrot, Mint & Red Onion SaladTwisted Recipes
Orange, Carrot, Mint & Red Onion Salad
- ½ small red onion, sliced paper thin
- 6 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented (pith removed)
- Small handful of mint leaves, shredded into ribbons
- 1T orange juice
- Handful of yellow cucumber blossoms or other edible flowers such as nasturtiums, scarlet runner bean blossoms, or chives
- Handful of microgreens
3T extra virgin olive oil
1t red wine vinegar
Pinch ground or freshly grated nutmeg
Freshly ground black pepper
Soak the onion slices in a bowl of ice-cold water for 20 minutes, then drain and pat dry. Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar, seal with a lid and shake to combine.
Combine carrot, orange segments and onion in a bowl and toss with 1.5T of the dressing, taste, season and toss again. Add the mint leaves and orange juice and toss once more. Adjust seasoning and add more dressing if desired.
Serve on a platter scattered with the flowers and microgreens.