Coconut & Lime Poached Chicken SaladLimes
Check out this delicious chicken dish that is fresh & light but does not compromise on flavour. Punchy herbs and a creamy dressing all spiked with beautiful NZ limes
Check out this delicious chicken dish from Jana MacPherson , that is fresh & light but does not compromise on flavour.
Punchy herbs and a creamy dressing all spiked with our beautiful NZ limes.
Coconut & Lime Poached Chicken Salad
For the Poached Chicken
4 x Chicken thigh boned and skin removed (you can use breast)
1 can Coconut milk
2 Kaffir lime leaves
Juice of 1 @twistedcitrus lime
2 teaspoons Brown or palm sugar
Small thumb sized piece of Ginger - grated on a microplane
Fish sauce or salt to taste
250 grams Mung Beans
Large handful of Cherry tomato
2 kaffir lime leaves vein removed and very thinly sliced
Generous amount of Coriander, I used a large pack from the supermarket
3 sprigs Mint
Zest & juice of 1 twisted Citrus Lime
1 x Shallot finely sliced
Roasted & Salted Cashews to garnish
- Add all poaching ingredients to the pan. Add the kaffir lime leaves in whole, but give a gentle crush in your hands before putting in.
- Bring up to a boil, taste for seasoning and add chicken, reduce to a simmer, put the lid on and cook until chicken is cooked, around 4 mins each side.
- Put chicken & poaching liquid in the fridge to cool. Sieve the liquid if needed.
- Prepare salad ingredients by picking leaves off herbs and halving cherry tomatoes, add everything to a large bowl and toss.
- Get chicken from fridge and slice. Add cooled chicken to your salad ingredients. Toss and transfer to your serving plate.
- Sprinkle with cashew nuts & serve with poaching liquid and an extra lime wedge on the side