Lime and Coriander ChickenLimes
I adore the piquant sticky and sweet vibes of this dish.
With a short ingredients list, it is simple and easy, yet your guests will be licking the plates and asking for the recipe!
Lime and Coriander Chicken
4 chicken thighs, boneless
Oil for frying
1 tablespoon honey
Salt & Pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
Handful of coriander, leaves removed
4 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
Thumb sized piece of Ginger, micro planed or minced
- Zest 2 of your limes and squeeze the juice. Place in a bowl or jug.
- Add the garlic, salt & Pepper, kaffir lime leaves, ginger.
- If your honey is runny, add to the lime mix, if the honey feels like it won’t mix in easily, heat in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to loosen up before adding to the lime mix.
- Mix the marinade together.
- Take the chicken and place in a sealable bag or bowl. Pour over the marinade and marinate for 30 mins or overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat oil in a pan over a medium – high heat.
- When hot add the chicken and cook on both sides. EITHER until cooked through, OR brown on both sides and finish in the oven. I like doing this so that I can get everything else sorted while the chicken happily cooks in the oven but cooking on the stove top is perfect as well.
- Once cooked scatter with 1 sliced lime and coriander leaves.
- Serve! I served mine with rice and fried green beans.